ETL is the most dynamic safety certification mark in North America. Its history can be traced back to the electrical testing laboratory established by Thomas Edison in 1896. It has a wide reputation and recognition in North America. ETL logo is the exclusive logo of Intertek Intertek group, the world's leading quality and safety organization. The product representatives who obtain ETL logo meet the mandatory standards in North America and can smoothly enter the North American market.
[ETL Semko is a part of Intertek Testing Services Co., Ltd., which is the largest product and commodity inspection organization in the world. It has 240 laboratories and 469 offices in 93 countries in North America, Europe and Asia. ETL Semko provides product safety testing and certification, EMC testing, product performance testing, as well as products such as medicine, HVAC and appliances Registration of quality management systems in, telecommunications, aviation, automation, semiconductors, building materials, energy generation systems and other industries.
Any electrical, mechanical or electromechanical product with ETL inspection mark indicates that it has been tested and complies with relevant industry standards. Each industry has different test standards, so the requirements for specific products must be consulted with professionals. ETL inspection mark is widely used in cable products, indicating that it has passed relevant tests.
Approval of electrical products is mandatory in most parts of the United States. ETL means ETL Testing Laboratories Inc. ETL's listed products are recognized by "authorities having jurisdiction" and can be considered as "approved".
ETL needs to conduct factory inspection before issuing the certificate, and then conduct irregular follow-up factory inspection every quarter. In addition to the factory inspection fee, ETL also needs to pay the certificate and license fee quarterly.
If necessary, the inspector can witness the retest of the product or test in the laboratory after sampling. The licensee must sign a statutory contract (service agreement) with ETL, which clearly stipulates the responsibilities of the manufacturer and the conditions for the use of continuous ETL listing and ETL logo.
There are two ways to obtain ETL certificate until 2013. One is to transfer it through CB test report or apply directly. The required documents are as follows:
1. Application form
2. Copy of CB test certificate (not required for direct application)
3. Copy of CB test report (not required for direct application)
5. Other relevant test results and product data, such as product manual, photos, component list, etc.
(if transferred through CB report, difference test is required)
ETL is the abbreviation of American electrical testing laboratories. ETL laboratory was founded by American inventor Edison in 1896 and enjoys a high reputation in the United States and around the world. Like UL and CSA, ETL can test and issue ETL certification mark according to UL standard or American national standard, or test and issue composite certification mark according to UL standard or American national standard, CSA Standard or Canadian standard at the same time. "Us" in the lower right indicates that it is applicable to the United States, "C" in the lower left indicates that it is applicable to Canada, and "us" and "C" are applicable to both countries.
Any electrical, mechanical or electromechanical product with ETL mark indicates that the product has met the minimum requirements of the generally recognized product safety standards of the United States and Canada, and it has been tested to meet the relevant product safety standards.
ETL also requires that its production site has been inspected, and the applicant agrees to conduct regular follow-up inspection of its factory thereafter to ensure that the products always meet this requirement.
Scope of application
If the company meets the relevant product safety standards after testing, it means that the production factory agrees to receive strict regular inspection to ensure the consistency of product quality, and can be sold to the markets of the United States and Canada.
(1) ETL inspection mark any electrical, mechanical or electromechanical product with ETL inspection mark indicates that it has been tested and complies with relevant industry standards.
(2) ETL listing mark any electrical, mechanical or electromechanical product with ETL mark indicates that it has been tested and complies with relevant product safety standards
ETL certification is the certification required for the export of products to the United States and Canada. ETL mark indicates that the product has passed the approval test of NRTL in the United States or SCC in Canada. ETL mark is recognized to have the same effect as UL or CSA mark and comply with relevant safety standards. The ETL listing mark of the product means that it has met the minimum requirements of the product safety standard. In addition, the ETL logo also indicates that the manufacturer's production site meets a certain range of standard requirements, and ensures continuous consistency through learning and regular follow-up factory review. ETL has been around for more than 100 years. ETL is the abbreviation of electrical testing labs founded by inventor Mr. Edison in 1896. ETL represents innovative, influential, independent and open product testing and rich experience.
Etlus mark (only us, no c): safety mark for products entering the U.S. market. CETL mark (only C, no US): safety mark for products entering the Canadian market. Cetlus mark: safety mark for products entering the U.S. market and the Canadian market. Factory inspection of U.S. ETL certification needs to be inspected four times, while Canada needs to be inspected twice a year; If both are available, four times a year.
Differences between UL and ETL
1. Both UL and ETL represent that the products have passed the test of national recognized test laboratory (NRTL) and meet the corresponding safety standards. So the real difference is service. As ETL customers, you can enjoy customized testing, inspection and certification services, fast operation cycle and flexible working methods. We are creating a way to work more closely with customers so that your products can enter the market faster, more smoothly and more efficiently.
2. ETL certification and UL certification have the same North American market access effect, but the cost of ETL certification is much lower than UL certification, which is generally only half of UL certification. Moreover, the product testing of ETL certification can be transferred through CB test report, which can save you a lot of testing costs.
3. ETL certification time is also much shorter than UL certification. Under special circumstances, ETL can issue certificates first and then conduct Factory review, so as to save valuable time for the export of your products.